As Christians we hold to the following historic Christian beliefs…
- There is one God revealed in the Word of God. In the God-head there are three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by whom all things are created.
- The 2nd person of the Trinity, Jesus Christ, became a true man and died on the cross as the sacrificial payment for the sins of the world. He is the only Savior of the world.
- His sin payment is personalized through faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior.
- We are not only saved by grace (undeserved gift of God) but also are graced with every spiritual gift to live the lifestyle of faith in God.
- Good works are the response, not the merit, of God’s love and salvation given freely to us.
- We are called and equipped by God to unite together with believers and shine the light of God’s love and truth in the Gospel of Christ as we worship and serve together as God’s church.
- Our sinful natures keep us humble and dependent upon God and His Word to live according to God’s purpose.
- The Bible is the inspired inerrant Word of God and the only authority and source of all that we believe and teach.
- According to the Bible, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are connected to the promises and power of Christ and the work of God’s Spirit in securing and sanctifying us.
- Christ is returning again to bring this world into judgment and establish those who believe in Him into the eternal Kingdom forever. Those who reject Christ will be separated forever.
Grace Lutheran exists for the expressed purpose of serving Christ by serving others.
This unites us in the same purpose that engages every Christian; namely, to proclaim the truth and demonstrate the love of Christ.
Our call to live by faith in Christ Jesus rallies around our identity as children of the Heavenly Father through faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior. Therefore, we perceive all of our time, treasures, talents, opportunities, circumstances and relationships as God given resources to fulfill our purpose on earth.
Our vision to keep the focus of faith and let God set the agenda for life is three-fold:
1. We are to be in the Word whereby God directs and empowers every thought, word, and deed.
2. We are to be on our knees whereby our first response is to thank, praise, and petition God in everything; acknowledging our total dependency upon God’s grace given to us in Christ.
3. We are to look beyond ourselves to be the light of truth to others in sharing the Gospel. In summary, as Lutheran Christians, we hold high and emphasize the following:
Scripture Alone: 1 Timothy 3:16
Grace Alone: Ephesians 2:8-10
Faith Alone: John 3:16
Christ Alone: Acts 4:12